Cutrite V12 optimize batches one by one

• How can I optimize batches one by one automatically in cutrite V12?

Such as selecting the batch I want and ask cutrite to optimize it in one hit?

or Optimize 5 Part list one by one automatically and using the offcut from previous run?

Edited 2 times, last by Clayton (March 22, 2023 at 1:00 AM).

• Clayton March 21, 2023 at 4:22 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Cutrite V12” to “Cutrite V12 optimize batches one by one”.
  • Can't quite follow what you want exactly.

If I understand you correctly, then you break a "stack optimization". This is an additional feature.

LG

• If you want to optimize one batch (part list) after another and re-use offcuts from the previous one(s), then you need to put all lists into one batch (Main Menu Review - Batch optimization)

In addition, please make sure that the system parameter "Board list optimizing method" on the boards tab is set to "Use one board list per batch" and that the box "Allow re-use of offcuts from earlier runs in the batch" is checked.

• Hello,

maybe this is still interesting after such a long time?

Cutrite can also be completely automated by script.

We create about 500 cutting plans per week.

We got an example from Homag on how to do this and adapted it to our needs.

• Hello,

maybe this is still interesting after such a long time?

Cutrite can also be completely automated by script.

We create about 500 cutting plans per week.

We got an example from Homag on how to do this and adapted it to our needs.

Hi C0r32quad,
    I'm really intereset by what you are saying here. I'm in a similar process where all our parts are unique, we thus have 500+ list of pieces; cutting plans; ... a week. For now, the process is fully manual but I'm looking for automated scripts. On what I understood in the doc, there is a way to automate this but it's not clearly explained.
    Can you tell me more about your process?
    Do you have a script for example? (or the one that got provided by Homag)
    I'm just looking to examples to know what's possible and how I could improve my process.

Regards,

• Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Let me show you the basic functions that Homag sent me.
    Rename the file extension .txt to .bat. Here is the script inside.
    The .zip is divided into 2 parts (for the .z01, delete the .txt) as it is larger than 5 MB. Here is the interface description.
    I think it's OK to post this here, as I received this information directly from Homag free of charge.

On this basis, I first wrote a very rudimentary .bat script and later a Powershell script with a graphical user interface.

As the requirements kept increasing, I built up the code more and more. In the meantime, for example, orders are automatically summarised and the number of orders and/or maximum parts can then be defined via the GUI.

If you give me a few requirements for your cutrite application, I might be able to help you.

Greetings

• Hi,

No worries, thank you for your reply!
    I read the interface guide but I was missing a proper example on how to put that in place. Plus, with the V12, it seems there is a new V12Shell feature. If I spend more time on it, I think I'll get somewhere.

I'm trying to find inspiration for how we can be more efficient. Is it additional functionality or shortcuts to lighten the day-to-day operation?

Best,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!