• Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew how to lock out programs from operators who like to play with things when no one is looking?

We have a night shift, and I believe one of the guys is messing around with programs..is there anyway to lock these out? :rolleyes:

Thanks

• Hello Cutterwolf !

Did you keep programs on machine hard drive or you have some other memory storage? For example we keep original programs on server hard drives and no one who works at machine cant change anything in program, if he wants to do something he needs to create temporary program but that dont affect original. I guess you have some IT support, i think this question you should ask for it and he could create a locked access.

• Thank you...

yes, I have the OG programs stored away...but I still don't want them to make any changes at all, as it can affect the part and I don't want this to happen .

What do you mean by locked access..to the computer?

Woodwop opens to view the program, so no matter what they will have access to the program...I think in woodwop 6 Im told there is a "lock" built in?

• You should lock save option at the machine, if you lock hard drive to not let save any file there they wont be able to do some changes. To do some chenges in program it needs to be saved with different name so if you dont let save option it would not be possible to create temporary program with some changes. I hope you understood what i meant? Our IT guy done this and no one at the machine without password can not make any changes what can affect machine damage or part damage

• ...I'm not exactly sure how he did that..I will try and do some research...

If you see your IT guy can you ask him?

This sounds perfect....Great!!!

Thank you!!!

• If the operators are having to find the programs on a server, just set their permissions to the program directory's as read only. That way they can still access everything but they wont be able to make any changes. You could even set it up so its just 1 folder if you only have specific programs you don't want anyone touching.

• Hello!

Yes that is the way you should make it. My IT made it something similar so we can access form machines to files but we are not allowed to make any changes at the existing file. So set this folders with programs to read only from machines and your operator wont be able to do something with them.

• Hello!

Yes that is the way you should make it. My IT made it something similar so we can access form machines to files but we are not allowed to make any changes at the existing file. So set this folders with programs to read only from machines and your operator wont be able to do something with them.

I think also very important is a good backup procedure for your server. So if a file / folder is accidentally deleted, it can be recovered with ease.

• Great advice..

Thank you very much..I've already done it now. Hopefully that ends my nightmares... :)

Thanks again!!

• Yes it is strictly recomended to create backup files. Our IT guy creates back up files each time when we have some works to do with internal servers and each month to be sure if something goes wrong we have files to recover all system.

• Yes it is strictly recomended to create backup files. Our IT guy creates back up files each time when we have some works to do with internal servers and each month to be sure if something goes wrong we have files to recover all system.

I always suggest an automated backup routine. We have hourly backups for a week, then it changes to monthly increments.

This means you can recover an overwritten file from earlier in the same day, or a file accidentally deleted etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!