Solidworks to WoodWop 7

• I'm using the latest version of SolidWorks with the CAM plugin, and it can generate cnc code. Working with Woodwop I can import a .stl or .step file and aply the machining from surfaces but my question is about using the CAM function in SolidWorks to generate a code that woodwop understands.

Is somebody in this situation or have try something similar?

• woodwop aka homag's g-code is unique to say the least. you'd need a post processor specific for your machine for solidworks to generate g-code that will run on the homag.

• I know this is an older post but it may be worth providing a complete answer here for those who are searching for a solution.

First, lets talk about the Woodwop -> Machined part process. Then it will be easier to see, how and where we can use externally generated 'programs'.

In woodwop we program 'Macros' or 'Processes' in general terms. These macros are details - without instructions. "I want a hole at X, Y with diameter 8mm, 12mm deep. " Not a single G0 G1 .... to be found.

It is only in the 'NC Generate' step that the NCWEEKE.exe or NCHOMAG.exe takes templates of the (machine specific) drilling process with G0-G81 etc and fills in the blank. (X Y Z , Feed, Speed, and Tool).

This is what makes it possible to send the same program to two very different machines (different controllers, tools etc) and still end up with the same part.

So how can CAM be used?

The first is to have CAM generated G-Code wrapped into the MPR which is basically telling the NC-Generate to accept the G-Code as is. In general programs cannot be stopped and restarted in the middle and operators cannot adjust the programs.

The second is to get a CAM program that generates MPR programs instead of G-Code.

In my opinion, the second is by far the safer method. By using the MPR method, all the 'Rapid - G0' motions are guaranteed to be away from the part, as these are all provided by the NC generated and the templates (per machine type). The second benefit is that the CNC operator can make adjustments to the program (swap a tool because 128 is being sharpened today) with no difficulty at all. Drilling also benefits from MPR because we ask for a diameter and not a tool number. Different machines may have toll numbers rearranged due to drill banks etc.

Although it may be tempting to use the CAM in SolidWorks which work great for metal machining, it makes more sense to use a CAM designed for HOMAG etc and Wood machining.

Search HOMAG SOLIDWORKS and MPR to see who can provide a plugin CAM for Homag that meets your needs.

• Sorry for the delay.

Have you looked at ONGAA CAM? (full disclosure - I am associated with ONG Solutions ) https://ongaacam.com

It makes MPR files - 100% compatible. Work with WoodWOP 4.0 to 7.2. and has many time saving features. All programming is done in solidworks, then one button to generate new MPR. If the model is resized/adjusted, - just one click and you get a new MPR..

MPRs can be edited at the machine - so there are no limitations there.

If you use Cutrite for optimization, it can read the MPRs as well.

It was designed around WoodWOP, so the flow is identical to woodwop (as are many icons). Almost no learning curve.

Things like 'All Holes on Face' can take care of most is not all drilling process in one step (diff. Dia & diff. Depth).

This is an old youtube but it give you an idea.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!