Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocketing Islands Dxf-Import

Hello,
    We have a Weeke Vantage 43m CNC Router, which we use to router 10mm plastic. We use Solidworks to draw our profiles, exporting as dxf. One particular profile that we want to cut has lettering pockets routed 2mm into the plastic. I'm using the Woodwop 7.1 trail and am having trouble routering out the letters that have islands, capital A, P, R, Q, B etc. I'm importing the dxf file, (without layering) using the Cad-Plugin option instead, (Project curves as auxiliary geometries in active level) After selecting contours etc i can assign tooling, drills etc but i cant pocket the lettering and leave an island to not be pocketed. I Hope this makes sense and someone is able help.
    Much Appreciated.

Thanks
    Cassidy.

Hi cjblamp,

please attach your file (DXF, MPRX). So the community can have a look and maybe help :-)

Comment

Hi holzking.
      See attached.
      Thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi cjblamp,

to process pockets with islands you have to use the CAM-Plugin. It´s an optional package for woodWOP that includes additional macros for processing 3D objects based on surfaces and for processing pockets with islands.
        The "pocketing with islands" macro needs a contour. Therefor you have to project the curves to contour elements in the active level.

See attached.

Regards, holzking 207-00105-000_Squeeze Crush Lower Door plastic.png
        Attached Files

Comment

THanks for that holzking.
          See attached pictures of what i am trying to achieve.

Comment

As I told you: to process pocket with islands you have to upgrade to woodWOP 7 + CAM-Plugin basic.

In former woodWOP versions there is just the free-form pocket that removes all material inside. To avoid this I used sometimes this trick: Divide the object in the CAD software into two separate objects which doesn´t include an island. Then you can process these objects as free-form pockets. See attached example.

Regards, holzking
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Cassidy,

Here is the converted mpr file.

Greetings Jürgen
              Attached Files

Comment

That´s it. Good job bastler!
                Did you manage it manually or do you use a tool that is converting the contour automatically to overlapping freeform pockets?

Comment

Hello Jurgen, and holzking.
                  Thanks for the help.

The mpr file that you sent bastler imports alright into woodwop 7.1, but when i try to nest it, as seen in the pictures it is only half on the sheet.
                  (its almost like the profiles origin is the top side of the square , as that top half of the square is the only thing that shows up in the nesting as well!!

thanks
                  Cassidy.

Comment

Working...
                  X