Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for WoodWop 7.2 version download Link.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for WoodWop 7.2 version download Link.

Hi team, can anyone help me with a WoodWOP v7.2 download link please? As per Homag, there already is a WoodWOP 7.2 version available. Thank you for your time.

https://www.homag.com/en/products/so...odwop-versions

It's strange Homag does not seem to have an answer.

Comment

Why would you think Homag would give away something they charge money for? I'm pretty certain they'd be happy to sell you an upgrade.

Comment

• Temjen
        Temjen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Steve, I greatly appreciate your comment.
        I often wonder whether I made the right decision purchasing my Venture 115 machine. I used up all my savings buying this machine.

WoodWOP v7.1 (or any version that matters); though they claim to be a fully 3D capable CAD/CAM package (I have the CAD-Plugin licence), take too much time with most designing. It is almost like, you need AutoCAD involved with your CAD process to have improved productivity. Again, one needs to have good knowledge of editing the MRP/MPRX file in Windows Notepad if productivity is one's main concern. It is not that WoodWOP cannot do it, BUT as per me, no AutoCAD involvement in my designing process, and I will NEVER break-even on my investment.

By the way, if you want to crash WoodWOP 7.1 each and every time, just import a DXF file with lots of vectors say like a page with lots of text (2D text engraving). Strange, again Homag does not have a solution for this.

I agree about the AutoCAD thoughts, to do anything REAL with WoodWOP you NEED it, and I also don't have it so am forced to do all my work in WoodWOP. Other software is so much easier but Homag post processors are not so easy to work with and their compatibility with something as simple as importing contours is horrible. There are a TON of bugs in every version of software I've used for the last six years, and NO outlet at all to seek help or even report them. I'm pretty certain any bugs you have with 7.1 would still be present in 7.2.

Comment

• Temjen
        Temjen commented
        Editing a comment
        You are spot on with your views and observations.
        And to think that I was the only one facing all those problems. I proudly own my Venture 115, its a very capable Machine, but WoodWOP? it requires MAJOR reworking if one is to reap the full benefits of the great CNC Machining Centers Homag is making.

In one way It was a good decision for Homag to have moved away from AlphaCAM and develop its own CAD/CAM solution especially for the 5-Axis machining, BUT what is the use if the new in-house solution makes the machine less capable or makes it harder to use?
    Working...
    X